About to purchase a laptop...

but I'm not sure which to get. I have a 2000 dollar budget and will be using it for gaming and schoolwork. Some PS, presentations, etc...and have narrowed it down to a few companies:Dell, Hypersonic, Voodoo, and Alienware. I've built some nice systems from each company and have successfully stayed within my budget. My question now is, which processor should I stick with? What panel, XVGA? I don't know much about laptops but from what I hear Centurions have longer battery life that Turions do. What about the FX and X2 chips from AMD that Hypersonic offers?

Any ideas? I know Dell is the best bang for the buck but should I totally ignore the other companies?

Since Dell has cut back on their coupons, they're probably not the best bang for the buck right now.

I would buy Sager before I purchased an Alienware or Hypersonic. You pay a premium for the Alienware and Hypersonic names when Sager uses the same laptop chassis' on most of their models.

www.pctorque.com would be my Sager retailer of choice.

I bought my 9300 with a big coupon. As stated above they are cutting way back on coupons. Without a coupon from Dell I dont think they are an easy choice anymore. They are still competitively priced but I probably would have given more thought to other brands.

Other models that might interest you:

Acer Ferrari
Asus Z71V or Z70Va (refresh with x700)
MSI 1029 or 1032

I still find coupons for 40% from dell at fatwallet.com but not as often as i used too. If you can manage one i say the dell is the best choice, but sager would be 2nd.

Back