About to pull the trigger on the 2709W...

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
And the only thing that scares me is the average 47ms of input lag. Some say it's too much, others don't notice it. I've used HDTVs as monitors 2-3 years ago and had no issues with lag (both 26" 720p panels, a Toshiba Rezga through component and a Sony Bravia with VGA). I mostly play FPS titles and a smattering of racing, RPG, and action titles. I will also be hooking up a PS3 to it as well until I can afford a decent HDTV just for the PS3. I do want the added real-estate of the 2709W though. Anything else will feel like a side-grade in size v.s. price.

Should I just order a 24" IPS with low proven input lag or go for the 2709W?

Last edited:
Yes. If you enjoy playing first person shooters at all, I would consider something around 8 gtg.

The 2709W has a response time of 6ms GTG, so smearing, overdrive artifacts, and ghosting won't be an issue. What is an issue is the input lag (e.g. an average of a 3 frame delay, assuming a 60fps framerate, from the time you make a movement until you see that movement onscreen in the case of the 2709W).

I have (2) 2709w's and I game on them with absolutely no issues. Though it is there theoretically, i can't really perceive the input lag. And yes I do play a lot of FPS games.

if you can maybe wait for u2711 if you dont absolutely need it now with coupons and promotions dell might have could be a better buy, but as always the reviews would play a big role on it

The input lag on a 2709W is about the same as a LCD TV running in Game Mode. I game on mine (FPS; Half-life, Unreal, FEAR) and it is fine for me. If you are sensitive to input lag then get something else, like TN or CRT.

Read 10e's review if you have not already.

I bought mine for $720 shipped. Go on eBay and look for coupons.

Dave

PS I have read that Displayport input has less input lag, but I cannot speak from expierence, because my 4870 does not support it.

Last edited:
Back