About to pull the trigger on a Deck 82...

Mr. Wolf

Supreme [H]ardness
I want a Deck, but don't like the huge footprint of the Legend, or any full-size keyboard. I don't use the number pad and picked up a cheap, decent, USB stand alone pad for the rare occasions I might need one. The Deck 82 looks perfect for me, but I wanted to get some feedback before dropping $130 on it. Anyone have experience with the 82?

It's a good keyboard. If you don't need the led backlighting you could give the flico a shot since they have the 82 size too.

QuadMe: My choice came down to the Filco and Deck. I definitely want backlighting so the Deck won.

WorldExclusive: Those pics sold me! :D

Thanks, guys!

I want a Deck, but don't like the huge footprint of the Legend, or any full-size keyboard. I don't use the number pad and picked up a cheap, decent, USB stand alone pad for the rare occasions I might need one. The Deck 82 looks perfect for me, but I wanted to get some feedback before dropping $130 on it. Anyone have experience with the 82?

I want one. Where are you going to buy this?

I've got a Deck Ice Legend. It is a solid unit. Granted the 82 key version is a little different, but trust me, you'll love the feel of it and th back lighting is superb.

Just placed my order! The 82 key version is sold out at Perfomance-PCs, so I ordered directly from Deck. Me excited!!! :D

Just placed my order! The 82 key version is sold out at Perfomance-PCs, so I ordered directly from Deck. Me excited!!! :D

Damn.

PPC is out and I can't order directly from Deck as I'm in Canada. :mad:

Anyway, I sent a message to PPC about the Deck 88 as it seems to be called. I think I may order 2. :)

Please post some pics and maybe a mini review when you get yours Mr. Wolf.

The Deck 88 listed on PPC is actually the Deck 82.

Mine already shipped! Deck moves fast.

I'll definitely post pics/comments.

Hmm....I emailed PPC, this is the reply:

Sorry those are discontinued.

Best Regards,
Customer Service, Performance-PCs.com

So if I can't get them from PPC, then I suppose I'm screwed as Deck won't ship to me.

Hmm....I emailed PPC, this is the reply:

So if I can't get them from PPC, then I suppose I'm screwed as Deck won't ship to me.
Do you know anyone in the U.S.? Deck could ship to them, they could ship to you.

Dunno, I could probably work it out with someone. I emailed Deck about being told they'd been discontinued. Let's see if they reply back.

Congrats, Winston!! ;) I'm excited for you...I think you will love the Deck. As you know, for a while I was primarily using boards with laptop-style keys but once you go mechanical it's nearly impossible to go back. Sure, I can still use those membrane-based boards...I just don't really want to. :)

Mechs are so darn satisfying to type on. Hopefully you'll like the Cherry Blacks as some don't think they're the best switch for typing. Too bad Deck only offers tactile switches in the Legend...I'm all about options and giving people a choice, so I don't understand why the Ice Legend is the only variant where they let you choose your switch type.

Looking forward to your impressions! :cool:

What they have at the time seems to constantly change. I could have sworn each of them have had tactile/linear options at some point.

Congrats, Winston!! ;) I'm excited for you...I think you will love the Deck. As you know, for a while I was primarily using boards with laptop-style keys but once you go mechanical it's nearly impossible to go back. Sure, I can still use those membrane-based boards...I just don't really want to. :)

Mechs are so darn satisfying to type on. Hopefully you'll like the Cherry Blacks as some don't think they're the best switch for typing. Too bad Deck only offers tactile switches in the Legend...I'm all about options and giving people a choice, so I don't understand why the Ice Legend is the only variant where they let you choose your switch type.

Looking forward to your impressions! :cool:
If I get my car back any different from how I gave it, Monster Joe's gonna be disposing 2 bodies! ;)

Your comments have me really pumped about this Deck. I've not used a true mechanical keyboard since the early 1990s. Delivery on Friday! I'll post pics by Saturday. :)

Quick review (it's not good) and pics in new thread above.

Last edited:
Back