about to pull the plug

Bling

Gawd
I know the general consensus is to build your own but i really feel that id be better of with a shuttle sp45h7 with a e8500 and a gtx260. I really cant find a micro atx case with the smal lsize and elegance I can get with a shuttle. I have always been a fan of the G5 series cases and the h7 just makes that better. Is there anything you might ad to sway my current standing?

To me, biggest downsides to the Shuttles have always been trading off between 2 card GPU or expansion port, non-upgradability and the noise of the PSU fan. If you can live with that – go for it.

I agree with you, the the microatx cases just don't match the elegant design of the shuttles. I had the same thoughts when I purchased my SN25P in 2005. Just be aware that you will be stuck with some proprietary parts on future upgrades, and that any motherboard and psu upgrades have limited availability at resellers, so you would maybe have to buy them directly from shuttle. I'm about to go from my shuttle SN25P which just died (PSU), to an SG01-F microatx. One of the main factors for me was that shuttle only offers a 30 day warranty on their replacement power supply, that's just not enough for me, especially since this is my second dead shuttle power supply. It's just better to have options, competition and availability for future upgrades.

the thing is though, if you were going to buy another shuittle youd be using their motherboard and psu anyway. I have experience with constructing shuttles for family members and everything has gone well and they hhold up very well. I j think the problem with the psus that some say is because poeple go overboard because shuttles can handle a little bit more juice then other psus. I would think a gtx 260 and a 45nm c2d would be very easy on the psu.

Back