• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

About to buy... please help

Jared701

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 9, 2002
Messages
1,587
Found out I could apply for credit through newegg... and just saw oblivion video *drools* so I'm thinking of buying a computer that I'll probably regret ordering in the morning... but willing to work some extra shifts to pay for it and make some cutbacks :)

cpu: amd 4400+ dual core (like the fact that it has bigger cache and 200 more mhz over 3800+ and I usually lose in the overclocking game)
ram: 2 gig of something... plz help me decide... will try overclocking system but not positive that I will always keep it overclocked
motherboard: please help me choose, must be SLI
videocard: 2x 7900 gt
case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129164
power supply: pc power and cooling 510W sli
cdrom: dont really care
have monitor keyboard speakers mouse etc
 
check these mems out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231021&ATT=20-231-021&CMP=OTC-B1zrat3

amazing price on them right now.. very good memory for OCing.. goes to 275 in some cases... I am very tempted to pick up a set myself.. whew..

The rest of your choices look pretty solid.. for a mobo try the MSI diamond plus... a very solid offering from MSI this time around. I would also go with an Opteron 170.. they seem to turn in better numbers than the X2's..
EDIT: the new 170s use the denmark core which is the same as the toledo core, just better fab so it needs less vcore.. (which can mean more OC headroom).. just my $0.02 on that. have fun!
 
ordered about an hour ago... went with the dfi expert mb and picked 2 gigs of ocz ram b/c i read it works well with it
hopefully everything works together well :)
newegg only had 2 7900gts listed and could only buy one... so have to convince my brother to order the second one now

spring break coming up + oblivion made me decide to buy :) probably a stupid idea... but should be fun
 
Back
Top