About to buy a HTC Sensation XE, yay or nay?

Wiseguy2001

2[H]4U
As the title says, I about to pull the trigger on this as I have found a pretty good deal and can get this for pretty much next to nothing (24 month for £5 more than I pay now, sim free) and I sure I can work in some cashback too.

But before I commit is there anything else out/ in the pipeline worth taking a look at?

I was also interested in the Lumia800 but that only has a single core processor and the battery is integrated (that's the reason I won't touch apple products). So I think I will go for another round of Android (currently using a t-mob/ Google G1:eek: ).

I don't think that phone will be released in the UK as the spectrum is still in use, so it will be next year at the earliest (maybe longer by the time the phone networks fight over it).

A shame as I prefer the look of that without the gimmicky beats branding.

A buddy just suggested another phone, the Galaxy Nexus with a "curved HD (1280×720 pixels)[24] Super AMOLED" that is definitely a contender! Which is a 4G phone...

i have a sensation. I like it a lot. Beats is a joke like all beats things are.

if you want to wait for things "down the pipeline" your going to wait forever. New/better phones come out every couple of months so just buy it if you like it

Yeah, I couldn't care less about beats (I can turn the bass and treble up myself). I wouldn't normally buy a monster product, but I'm not paying extra for it and get a pretty good headphones out of it so that's cool.

But there's no phones out right now that tick all my boxes, if this had OLED and a 28nm processor then it would be pretty damn close, but I need a new phone urgently as my G1 is getting worse by the day (I punched it earlier).

You're not actually getting good headphones out of that. The stock open earbuds on the Desire are much better than any of the IEMs bundled with phones that I've tested so far.

But if it's a decent lot cheaper than a Galaxy S2 i9100, why not?

It turned up earlier today and I really like it. Just the right size, the performanceis fantastic - I can't believe how much phone hardware and android have grown up. My only complaint is the OTT beats branding which scrolls "htc sensation xe with beats audio" across the top of the screen when playing music (as if the wasn't enough already).

You should try one of the android 4.0.3 ROMs over at xda to get a feel of the real power in this phone. I tried Virtuous Inquisition 2.0.1 last night and I love it but decided to go back to CM7 till CM9 is released because I need some of the settings.

yeah the sensation is a beautiful phone. I love the form factor. Feels great in the hand

Back