• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

About that Dell...

enrg24

n00b
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2
Hey Guys!

Although I'm new to the Forum, I've been an occasional lurker for a while. I really have been impressed by this community and hope to contribute when I can!

I've been looking around for a 16:10 aspect 24" IPS for a few years, and the Dell U2410 and HP LP2475w have finally caught my eye. I am really attracted by the connectivity and aesthetics of the Dell, but am concerned about the panel issues that many reported early on.

Does the U2410 still seem to be shipping with these issues, or have they been resolved? If not, are any revisions planned soon? Exactly how much of a visible difference is there in the black levels between this and the HP?

I will be using the monitor as a second display for my laptop which has HDMI output. It will primarily be used for office work, movies, amateur photo editing, and some gaming (FPS, PS3).

If you guys have any insight about the current state of issues with the Dell or the HP, or if you have any other recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks Again Guys!
 
Check the official thread for all the info on the U2410. I would avoid the LP2475 as its pretty old at this point and had a ton of issues as well.

I own a U2410 and I don't have any tinting issues to speak off , it works great. However I know people still report tinting problems on and off so.
 
Back
Top