• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

? about static

JasonG

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
202
At least thats what it sounds like. When playing games and such along with the sounds from the game I get what sounds like static/popping and crackling sounds. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? It also comes through when I use headphones. I have a sound blaster audigy 5.1, just the regular one, nothing fancy and it has started doing it lately. I mostly notice it when playing Halo. Any ideas? As always thanks guys.

JasonG
 
I'm starting to think it's a Halo thing. I d/l the Unreal 4 demo and no sound issues with it. hmmmm
 
Fixed the hissing with Halo. Downloaded the new drivers and updated everything. The new drivers reverted my software to running at 4.1 when I have 5.1 speakers. Adjusted it and so far so good. I'll let ya know if that solves it for me.

JasonG
 
Back
Top