?? about overclocking. ??

AMDXP

2[H]4U
Yo, I don't want much of a speed increase but just a lil so Im wondering if i can overclock my 3.2c to 3.4-3.5 I have decent cooling around 50 under load really 46-48 heavy load like ut2004 and big ass maps like on bf1942.

Also can I leave it overclocked without causing problems?

im at idle now 29.8-30-31-30.

I have 4 case fans 1 psu fan one small side mounted fan and one 90 in the front.

:p

Also if it doesnt load windows do I just go back into bios and set the stock speeds?

16x201 its at now ..

Second wha tif the comp doesnt turn on then what do I do? I have a gigbyte 8knxp mobo.

Dual channel 3500 ram = 1024 mb 768 free.

No harm in trying as long as you're careful with the vcore. I don't know how far you'll get with stock cooling, regardless of what your mobo says your current temps are.

If windows doesn'y load up, either up the vcore or down the clock.

If the computer doesn't boot up (which you must really do something weird to do) just move the jumper to reset cmos.. You should easily be able to get it that high with it being stable, just watch the temps.

your temps look good, as long as its stable i dont see any problems leaving it at that speed or even upping it a little bit more

mmm k... any suggustions Im thinkin about builing a cheap comp for file storage and just the basics...

will an athlon mobile 2500+ be good and can I leave that overclocked at 2.4 or so?

Yes, the Athlon Mobiles are great, but if you can, try to get a 2600+ or a 35 watt 2400+

Back