about hand scanners

tekcajder

Limp Gawd
they don't make handheld scanners anymore do they? not barcode readers, but a literal handheld scanner.

i've been looking for one in paticular (Genius (KYE) EasyScan Color Deluxe hand operated scanner) ... but i think they've been discontinued for some time.

has anyone ever happened on a decent hand scanner? or know of a scanner that allows for a huge (long) document to be scanned? flat bed is nice, but i need something that allows me to scan a decent length.

anyhow, thanks for your help.

-tek

yeah, i still see then around, and the technology has gotten small enough that you only need one hand to use it, lol

*cringes*

Heh, I remember using a Logitech hand scanner a couple of years back. It was a real pain to use, because you could move the thing only a couple of millimeters at a time and had to follow a straight path, or the picture would end up somewhat deformed.

I would only use one for really, really heavy books and objects that are too large.

Elledan said:
*cringes*

Heh, I remember using a Logitech hand scanner a couple of years back. It was a real pain to use, because you could move the thing only a couple of millimeters at a time and had to follow a straight path, or the picture would end up somewhat deformed.

I would only use one for really, really heavy books and objects that are too large.

I have a 36 inch blueprint scanner, i dont' think you would want to haul that thing around, but it works lol

Back