About had it with this phone! Q9c rant

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
So my Motorola Q9c was nothing but pure win till recently when it decides its going to start freezing up on me. It hangs on texts, it slows to a crawl loading IE, and if I lock it and unlock it it just freezes up. It happened before, Didn't know or understand why, so I just did a hard reset and everything was fine. I lost all my stuff, but oh well, it wasn't like I couldn't find it again somewhere.

Now I find myself having to do this again. There is no rhyme nor reason for this that I can find on the web. It seems to be prevalent in Windows Mobile itself since more than just my phone is affected by this.

what in the hell am I doing to cause this, and how can I fix this? There seems to be a lot of stuff that claims to do it, except it all ends in resetting everything back to factory default! That's not fixing it. I could have figured that part out on my own!

On my wife's BlackJack2 (they share the same features and layout) and friend's moto Q they have to constantly check their task manager to see if other things are running in the background. When their phone takes forever to do something they check and see that there were several things running in the background and they have to kill them all or their phone will eventually freeze. Not sure if that's the issue that you're having so you can try it out.

Oh no, that's not the issue at all. This is literally from a first bootup with no other programs in the background. I lock it then unlock it, it freezes on the unlock screen. I use it for awhile and let the screen turn off, I turn it back on, it's frozen on whatever it was on last. This is in addition to the problems listed above.

Anyway, I resolved this by backing up all my important stuff on Microsoft My Phone (i.e. contacts and documents) and then doing a hard reset. Everything's back to basics again and I just reloaded everything off My Phone onto...well, my phone. Reinstalled all my software on here and its doing fine still.

For some reason it just does this over time. I don't get it. Ah well. As I told someone earlier, WinMo doesn't BSOD. It just gives up out of nowhere.

Back