about benchmarks

what would be considered a good range of scores for 3dmark01, 03, and aquamarks? Thanks... I Just scored a 12916 on 3dmark01, 6209 on 3dmark03, and havent tried aquamarks yet

EDIT: Im asking you all to guess what would be good on the setup in my sig

your 2001 score is low, you 2003 seems right. should be getting like 14-15k at least in 2001, in aquamark you should get at least 37k (not really sure what you should get in aquamark) but at least 37k

Well do i need to have a purchased copy of 3dmark to use the orb (i need to login and i didnt know if i needed to purchase anything)

oh cool, thanks... btw how should i beef up my scores for 3dmark01, i hear its a pretty low score?

to start with.....why the hell are you running your ram in single channel????? That'll be ONE reason why your numbers took a nose dive. If you're running 512MB in SC then I'm assuming you've only got 1 stick in there.....why not have two 256MB??? Unless you're planning on getting another 512MB stick RIGHT AWAY I'd say it'd be worth it to sell what you've got and get a nice 2x256MB dual channel kit from OCZ, Corsair, Kingston, or whoever.

Other then that, make sure stupid little things like AA, AF, and Vsync are disabled in the display properties as well as in 3dmark.

All I can tell you is that with my 2.4C at stock clock in my Shuttle SB65G2 mobo with 2x512MB Corsair PC3200 Platinum (in dual channel) and my 9800XT at stock clock I was getting just over 16,000.....again, with everything at stock.

I might have had a slight clock advantage over you with my 9800XT (even at stock) but you'd have 200MHz higher on the CPU and with some dual channel ram.....I'd be expecting very comparable numbers to what I was "churning out".

Don't get yourself down quite yet, it's still a nice system.....but you're just asking for a beating running a rig like that and not even having it in dual channel. :rolleyes: ;)

Im planning on getting the 2nd stick within a month... I just ran out of money and im waiting for my next paycheck

Originally posted by quiksilverx181
Im planning on getting the 2nd stick within a month... I just ran out of money and im waiting for my next paycheck

Good, so you're NOT a moron. ;)

Wait until you get the second stick and see what happens before you go off the deap end thinking there's something seriously wrong. I can't say just how much you'll gain from the Dual Channel 'cus I never bothered to benchmark in single but if you're sitting at 13k right now I'd say that 15k-16k should be within your reach. As I said before, my 2.4C/Corsair TwinX PC3200/9800XT stock run gave me just over 16k. You'll have 200MHz more cpu then I did but I'll be slightly ahead with my XT clocks of 437/790.

Do as much as you can with that 9800Pro whether you're willing to overclock your CPU or not.....it'll help close the gap and get you a more respectable score. Give W1zzards little tool a try, it's getting better with every release and it's gonna make your 9800Pro OC as painless as possible.

Link

Overclock on the 9800 Pro is obviously helping you out with 3DMark03, which is pretty much a video card only test, and my 9800 Pro at stock speeds churns out 5700-5900 on that test.

Memory bandwidth does sound like a likely issue. 3DMark2001SE is more of an overall system test, and memory bandwidth is a big part of it. My computer, in signature, all at stock speeds, gets 19,000 on that test. And that's single channel memory, but the on-die memory controller and AMD's lower dependency on memory bandwidth explain the 7000ish gap in score (despite your 600Mhz speed advantage). (Yes, yes, the Athlon's archicture helps a lot too :))

thanks both of you, ill try the wizards tool as well as trying to get that 2nd stick... damn my late paycehck!

You didn't mention which OS you are running. I have a non-OC'ed 2.4C with 2X256MB Samsung 3200 and a 9500np->9700 softmod running Win2K SP4. My 3Dmark01 numbers with HT turned on is around 12k, with HT turned off it's just under 14k. Some have suggested that having HT on with Win2K running single apps (like games) may not be optimal. Not being a gamer, I wouldn't know for sure.

Back