• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

about ASUS 5770 CuCore

I got one of these from Asus RMA (sent in a 4850). I have not encountered the issues mentioned in the reviews. I have not tried overclocking it, but with stock clocks I am idling at 35 C and under full load the stays below 60 C.

A couple of issues to note are the facts that it has no support for eyefinity (VGA+DVI+HDMI and I believe one of these cannot be used with another in use) and the fact the custom PCB only has 1 Crossfire connector allowing only 2 cards to be used for Crossfire.

My Coworker purchased one of these cars from Newegg a few months ago and he has not had a single complaint so far.

My guess is there may have been a batch of bad heatsinks for this card that caused these negative reviews.

Usually I take all the negative reviews with a grain of salt as usually only people with bad experiences are more likely to review products.
 
As an alternative: the MSI Hawk for a little more is quite nice
 
I'll know something in the next week, just ordered 2x of them yesterday to run in crossfire :D
 
No eyefinity? No thanks.

Now if you were using one for a while and wanted to do eyefinity I guess you could just make this the slave card and crossfire a regular 5770.

Seems like you are limiting yourself - unless tri/quadfire or eyefinity are of no interest.
 
I got one of these from Asus RMA (sent in a 4850). I have not encountered the issues mentioned in the reviews. I have not tried overclocking it, but with stock clocks I am idling at 35 C and under full load the stays below 60 C.
thanks, that awesome
i used few months ago ASUS 5770 (ref v1 design) that idle 50c, furmark extreme burn 83c

As an alternative: the MSI Hawk for a little more is quite nice
MSI Hawk is best cooler & more pricy
but PCB is looks BROWN :confused:
i build black color setup
 
do you really want to cf? i would rather just a single 5870.

and like the above poster said, the likelyhood of somebody reviewing a product due to negative aspects is greater than positive (unless they really loved it)
 
ofcourse 5870 is pricier than 5770 CF
this thread not about 5870 or 5770 CF

just about ASUS CuCore have a problem or not?
 
Even [H]'s own review of the CuCore shows weird temperature results. Non reference cooler but with poorer performance is disappointing. Other than that I don't see how it can be much different from other 5770s.
 
Back
Top