• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

About 100 or so to spend

xyoufailmex

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
264
Ok, building a new rig... I definetily, though I wish I did, dont have enough for a 150 dollar hdd... I was debating the 7200rpm SATA II 120/160GB seagate drive, and the 32GB Raptor... I mostly game, so I will eventually need to buy another 32GB raptor when I have more money, but I have running these in RAID 0 isnt my best option necessarily. I have a 3200+ AMD 64 s754 on DFI Lan Party board... will be running on overclock to about 2.4 so if these things are gonna be blistering hot in my case, that would be bad. Another dilemma I have... my Chieftec Dragon only has 4 5 1/2 drives, so if I run 2 Raptor and 1 disk later for file storage, I wont be able to have 2 DVD drives for burning

Any recommendations are welcome... I have yet to buy my video card as well, but if these are gonna give me a worthwhile improvement, Ill wait another week on the video card

Your thoughts?
 
160GB SATA Samsung drive at Newegg is only $90 + shipping. It has alot of great reveiws. I plan on getting one this week.
 
Back
Top