• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Abit v Asus for OC......

Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
35
I had an P4C800 Deluxe, but I could not get it past 243 fsb. The volts were jumping all over the place which I believe would deffinately cause stability issues with overclocking(this is a common problem among newer asus boards, not ps related in this case). I'm looking at the Abit IC7-Max3 as it has had excellent ratings. I'll be running a P4 2.6C that maxed out at 243 fsb on the P4c800(but i would attribute that to the volt reg), 512 mb OCZ DDR533(3-4-4-8), stock cooler with 4 case fans, and Antec True 380 ps. I would appreciate some comments from people who own the IC7 on its OC potential and the general quality of the board.

Note:the 243 fsb limit seems to be the limit of the P4C800 boards becase of their fluxuating voltages, many other people, even people who won the newer P4C800-E have had the same limit with the 2.6c's (anandtech test sample included).
 
263 fsb 1:1
278 3:2

My ram doesnt like 5:4 ?
Love my Max3 except the green lights behind the otes.

Painted the OTES cooling system metallic blue
 
only thing wrong with the max 3s are pci lock breacks up past 300fsb [i know i had a 2.4c up there at 3.6] and for somepeople not including myself have problems with ram voltages past 2.8v.

i had my ram running at 2.9 and all was good.


love my abit boards

2 max3s and a ai7:D
 
Love my Abit's BH6, BH7 and IC7-G. Great OC's and stable. Ran a 2.6B on the BH7 at 3.2. Running my 2.8C M0 at 3.6 now at 1.55V and no errors running Prime95.
 
Back
Top