• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Abit NF7-S problem?

Claydus

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Messages
86
A few nights ago I shut my computer off and then tried to boot it up the following morning. However, when i tried booting it up nothing happened. I thought the switch was bad I replaced it. But it still wont boot. The RED LED is on when the power is connected but nothing happens whens I press the power switch. No flashing LEDs or nothing... I have an AMD Athlon 2200 XP and I have an Antec 400w that I have had about over 2 years. I have had the motherboard for atleast 2 years as well. I just got 1gb of RAM last August. The battery nor the CMOS is the problem... any advice? I checked my CPU and it didn't look like it was burnt/dead/etc.
 
try a new, or just known working PSU if you have one layin around/friend has one.

that would be my first assumption

//edit: holy old school batman! i loved that board!
 
shit i beleive the MOBO croaked on me... wtf my damn 3 year old 2200 XP it still runs
 
Did you try another PSU?
That would be my first line of thought too.
 
I'm still running an NF7-S ver. 1.1--had to max the vcore on the chipset to get it to run at full 200Mhz, but it makes my Mobile Athlon XP a happy overclocker. I figure I'll go all the way on a nice new PCI-E system once we see if Conroe is the real deal or not.
 
make sure that your power switch and your reset switch are not jammed closed. also, make sure that the 4 pin 12 volt "p4" connection is good.
 
Back
Top