ABIT NF7-S good oc?

mikey63

Limp Gawd
Originally posted by oqvist
Crappy Abit NF7-S at 193 FSB

Actually, this sounds a lot like my setup before I played around with the memory timings.

Whatever I did with cpu voltages and memory voltages, I could not get above 196FSB.

Then, I changed my memory's CAS latency from 2 to 2.5 (running 2.5-3-3-11 now)

bingo 200+ FSB. I had it up to 210 at one point, but needed lots of voltage on the cpu. So I dropped it back down to 202 at a lower core voltage, since it seems fast enough for at this speed. [for now!] :)

Yeah the nforce2 boards are suppose to be rather hit or miss when it comes to OC but with some rather good memory that's not suppose to be a problem throw in a water setup and I hear you can easily get around 260 or higher.

Set my system up earlier this week and I am very impressed with everything about my NF7-S 2.0. Even the nForce drivers impressed me (yes even the IDE drivers, guess I'm lucky). Also I am able to hit 3200+ speeds with stock voltages and using the stock HS/Fan (idles at 44C and load at 48C).

Originally posted by oqvist
193x11,5 isn´t a 3200+ hence 193 lower than 200 FSB. So no guarantees ;) My ram do 220 with ease so it´s either my mainboard or CPU that craps out. I would bet a dollar it´s my CPU since it´s even at stock speed needs higher voltage to run well.

I think he's referring to clock speed, not FSB. Where a 3200+ runs @ 2.2GHz.:eek:

Originally posted by Phantum
I think he's referring to clock speed, not FSB. Where a 3200+ runs @ 2.2GHz.:eek:

He was saying my 2500+ was running at 3200+ speeds because 11x200 is 3200+ speeds while I am running 193x11,5...

And no it´s not my memory.... if it´s is if they don´t work well with the Abit BIOS. Not my PSU And I am watercooling... 260 is a bit to much to ask for really but I had expected at least 215-220 for my setup :(

I am just saying that there are no guarantees. The Abit NF7-S isn´t much better if any than mainboards from DFI, Leadtek and Epox.

The Abit NF7-S is the best overclockers board there is....if any board can do it, that one can.

One thing that will make a difference: get a decent HSF (www.svc.com)

I'm at 2.75Ghz on my Abit NF7-S.

Originally posted by Asazman
The Abit NF7-S is the best overclockers board there is....if any board can do it, that one can.

One thing that will make a difference: get a decent HSF (www.svc.com)

I'm at 2.75Ghz on my Abit NF7-S.

That's fuckin' impressive? Specially for only running at that vcore.

Damn nice :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Back