Abit NF7 owners...

silent..unless you have to other fans

the bigger fans certainly drown it out...and they are fairly quiet (120mm 7v)

I'd say not very loud at all.

But that's only because all my other ones drown it out :D

The northbridge fan is the loudest fan in my set up. It is louder than my antec true 430. I am running 8 80mm fans in my water cooling set up but I have them on a speed control so they are very quiet. If I had my way, the northbridge would not be this loud. One day I will water cool the bridge.

Any reason that the fan couldn't be replaced by a passive heatsink. I have plenty of airflow through my case...

Mine is loud as all hell. Goddamn thing is failing too. I am currently waiting for a Zalman northbridge cooler (passive) from svc.com. I ordered from them instead of Newegg because the egg was out of stock, but right after I ordered it from svc they went ouf of stock also. Not sure when they get more in.

It isn't bad, but it isn't passive. There really isn't a reason why you shouldn't go passive - the fan on mine died once and the pc was still stable. I didn't notice it until I was worwing in my case and saw that the fan wasn't turning.

Originally posted by eraser_16
it's very quiet, i can't even hear mine. (especially over the tornado)

Can't hear much over the Tornado, jets, cars, world war III, etc :).

As an owner of two 92mm Tornados, I highly recommend running them off a fan speed controller :).

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Originally posted by Stanley Pain
Can't hear much over the Tornado, jets, cars, world war III, etc :).

As an owner of two 92mm Tornados, I highly recommend running them off a fan speed controller :).

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

hehe, very true

Back