Abit NF7 Dual Channel?

carblow12

Limp Gawd
I was just wondering where are the dual channel sockets b/c one of the three are not. Which ones suppurt DDR400 Dual Channel. Thanks for the replay later.

Actually, you place the memory into the two slots that are the farthest away from the CPU socket. (You must do so if you're using PC3200 memory.)
Also, placing any memory into the slot that's closest to the CPU socket will default the entire memory operation to single-channel.

From the ABIT FAQ on the nforcershq.com forums:

Q: I'm using two sticks of RAM but don't know if I'm running 'Dual Channel', how can I tell?
A: Dual channel is enabled if the RAM sticks are in DIMM slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, the latest BIOSs display if dual channel is enabled on the post screen, flash to the latest bios.

I have mine in the two slots closest to the CPU and dual channel is working fine.

Oh, I stand corrected - a little. The truth is, you must use exactly two identical sticks of RAM for the dual-channel feature to work - and one of those sticks must be placed into the slot that's farthest away from the CPU socket. If you leave the memory slot that's farthest away from the CPU socket empty, dual-channel will appear to work correctly, but then data corruption may occur.

Also, the comments for PC3200 memory still stands: They must be placed into the two slots that are farthest away from the CPU slot in order for them to run at full PC3200 speed - if you place any of the PC3200 memory into the slot that's closest to the CPU slot, the maximum memory speed that you can use reliably would be PC2700. (This is assuming that you have Version 1.x of the NF7 motherboard. If you have Version 2.0 or higher of the NF7, then there is no restriction on memory placement, due to its use of the newer nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset.)

Back