abit NF-m2nView

Zoogle

Gawd
Straight from the abit website

Seems like it could become a very nice board to build an AM2 system around. Power circuitry seems clean and the layout looks decent. DVI + VGA on the 6150/430 combo for dual display out of the box. I like the color scheme too. You get the OTES system to boot.

Been looking at this myself. I love my Epox so far, but admit to always having a soft spot for Abit.

I think I've finally found the board I've been waiting for.

- DVI and VGA
- Optical Input and Output
- 4 USB and a Firewire on the backplane.
- 4 memory slots

Perfecto! When this baby is done being my main system I can make a snappy HTPC upgrade. Now if I can only find the low power X2 chips to help keep things cool...

omg

I just cried inside, and pissed my pants at the same time. Thank you abit. THANK YOU.

THIS IS IT. Finally an enthusiast mATX board. WOO!

Now if only they made a Conroe board too...im happy with AM2 but really wanted to go Intel this time. The years not over yet :)

I'm still waiting for a nice C2D mATX-mobo but this week I also noticed this board from Abit and I'm starting to consider to get a A64 X2. There's also a great HTPC-board from Abit that is Conroe-ready; http://www.abit.com.tw/modt/il-90mv.htm but the lack of a PCI-E 16x slot and the strange location of the CPU (for my SG01) are holding me back. Besides that, it's a very nice board. I hope Abit is back ;)

D-Three said:
I'm still waiting for a nice C2D mATX-mobo but this week I also noticed this board from Abit and I'm starting to consider to get a A64 X2. There's also a great HTPC-board from Abit that is Conroe-ready; http://www.abit.com.tw/modt/il-90mv.htm but the lack of a PCI-E 16x slot and the strange location of the CPU (for my SG01) are holding me back. Besides that, it's a very nice board. I hope Abit is back ;)

Thats not conroe, its merom.

Yep, I'm very happy to see abit back in the game. They used to make such good stuff. Without abit, there'd be no DFI (oh snap).

Yes, abit's new management has proven itself thus far.

In reality though, I need to see the abit BIOS first hand, and the bottom of the board aswell.

The epox board im using right now could still possibly be better. If the abit cannot offer vdimm over 2.5, or some of their OC add-ins like 'oc' strips, japanese caps, and preper mosfet implementation, then the epox still wins.

EDIT: Already showing up at directron as an EVA product:

http://www.directron.com/nfm2nview.html

I've been looking at this one for about a month for a future HTPC build. The one thing that may kill it for me is I need component connections for my TV. If there isn't an adapter or dongle it will have to be DFI's infinity 482. I would rather go with an nvidia chipset though.

if they only made this exact same board in s939 form, i might think of going back to SFF...

i wish Abit all the best for making an enthusiast mATX board, but why on earth have they gone for a 16x/1x/PCI/PCI expansion slot arrangement? makes it usless for a Silverstone LC11 series case whose riser card only permits the standard 16x/PCI/PCI/xxx configuration.

Actually, I think the 16X,1X,PCI,PCI arrangement is pretty good, especially for people who might want to use dual slot cards. Since there's virtually nothing really decent out for PCI-E 1X yet these days, I would find the capability to use 2 PCI cards and a dual slot video card much more attractive. That being said, I doubt abit sees the LC11 as the only mATX case out on the market ;) .

kezmo said:
Nice, Seriously considering getting one of these myself, just waiting for some reviews :)

SFFClub will have a review up by the end of the week hopefully....by end of week I mean Sunday :)

I should have OC results tonight around 12-1 EST

I ran into a few problems with the board

oh noes! That doesn't sound too encouraging! (Hope's it a manufacturer defect >_<)

BTW, forgot to mention that Abit confirmed there's no S-video or component out from this board...not even a connector for it. So if you plan to hook it to a TV, your TV will need a DVI or VGA input...

Save the results for the review Dillusion :p

by the way, he is the mobo reviewer for SFFClub if you didn't know

We gathered from his .sig :)
I would like to hear about the problems though...as I'm sure others who are thinking about buying it this week are, so if he could mention any important problems he found, it'd be appreciated... :)

yeah, if he has any problems he should yet ya know. He isn't on AIM right now so I got now idea whats going on :)

highest so far:

2700mhz 1.375vc (1.41-1.43 actual)
ram @ 1080mhz @ 5-5-4-12 ~2.26 vdimm

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/abit-fanclub/gallery?fid=7&page=1

CPU: 1.35v to 2.0v
DDR2: 1.75 to 2.5
DDR2 Ref: -4% to +2%
Chipset core: 1.2v to 1.6v
SB Aux Core: 1.5v to 1.74v
Hyper Transport: 1.2v to 1.4v

Half Multipliers, 200 to 400 cpu fsb, 100-145fsb PCI-E lock, 256mb G6150. Its everything you every wanted in a mATX board the ATX boards have. And it can OC like its not even funny. You'll max out your cpu before you max out this board. My guess is you can up the DDR2v in % as well. They sure don't lack any OCing options in this board. Its just as insane as a DFI board and kills the Tforce6100 I have. Finally a board that has no limit... Wow. Somebody got 3150mhz from this board too. I'm not surprised with settings like these. Got enough volts to run the memory at insane speeds. It has a nice bios and has no prob going over 300 x10. You'll love it. I'd give it a 11 out of 10. This is a 1st for the matx's on AM2. One of a kind you shouldn't pass up. We are talking about a board that can OC just as good as a $250 fully loaded ATX board. Well this mATX has it all just like its bigger brothers. Its about time!!!

Thanks, Serge84! I was wondering how flexible the configuration is. That's awesome!
Now if I can only find some cheap DDR ECC (this system will be left on 24x7) memory that'll overclock well... :)

Don't bother kenyee; the board doesn't support ECC so you'll just be pissing your cash away.

link

I'm glad to see Serge84 has started listening to the Grammar Gods. Run-on sentences hurt my eyes.

Zoogle said:
Don't bother kenyee; the board doesn't support ECC so you'll just be pissing your cash away.

link

I'm glad to see Serge84 has started listening to the Grammar Gods. Run-on sentences hurt my eyes.

The board DOES support ECC. I had ECC DDR2 in there before my crucial ram and it had the option in the ram timings to open up ECC.

kenyee said:
Thanks, Serge84! I was wondering how flexible the configuration is. That's awesome!
Now if I can only find some cheap DDR ECC (this system will be left on 24x7) memory that'll overclock well... :)

It takes DDR2, not DDR.

Dillusion said:
It takes DDR2, not DDR.

Yep..typo..sorry. DDR ECC memory is wayyy cheaper than DDR2 ECC memory :-P
Too bad it takes unbuffered because the registered is cheaper (probably because servers use it so there's a lot more volume).

At any rate, lowest price I've found is $145 for 1GB stick of DDR2-667.
For DDR2-800, the lowest is $185 :-P
Both are made by Kingston and it only needs 1.8v.

BTW, if you still have that ECC laying around, it would be interesting to see if it overclocks at all with it. I've never seen a review that has tried overclocking w/ ECC memory and I googled for a while :)

p.s., the upcoming AM2 socket DFI Infinity RS690-M2/G also supports ECC memory. It should have been out by now, but the ATI buyout messed up the RS690's launch schedule. It has an HDMI port and a faster graphics processor than the 6150...

Most actouly do support ECC memory because its the memory controller in the cpu and not the mobo that matters. There isn't even a memory controller in the mobo. Most mobos I ever seen support ECC but its just not announced because thats AMD's department not the mobos. Well my Tforce supports ECC memory according to sandra. I haven't set up this NF-M2n baby yet.

The hardware (built into the Athlon64) supports ECC, but the BIOS has to let you muck w/ the hardware registers to enable it. The Asus M2NPV-VM had to have a BIOS update before you could use ECC properly.
Dillusion, what brand/model ECC DIMMS were those w/ Micron memory? Crucial? Thanks.

Dillusion said:
HP DDR2-667 ECC, server pulls i assume

Haha, you "assume." This memory come from a friend of a friend who found it on the street corner curb of Memory Street?

Zoogle said:
Haha, you "assume." This memory come from a friend of a friend who found it on the street corner curb of Memory Street?

No, just traded some ocz plat for it :confused:

Back