Abit NF-7 versions

Toonage

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently I'm running an almost new NF7-S v2.0 board. It seems satisfactory so far as I've gotten my 2600-M to 2.5 ghz with room to move. I wanted to ask of the experienced members here about the earlier version boards. Have you found the non-S ones to take OC's/modded bios's better, or not. Mine has the blue ram slots. I've been reading the earlier black slotted boards with the D10 bios's seem to rock. I just wanted some feedback on this plz. TIA.

NF7-S v2.0 stock bios/2600-M 218x11.5
2x512 pc3200 lvl-2 Mushkin bh-5@7-3-3-2
Exos water on cpu/northbridge
Asus 5900U w/5950bios/36gb Raptor

NF7-s rev 2 was the 1st rev that used the Nfroce 2 400 ultra chipset (beleive thats the name of it) that is certified to run on the 200 fsb. its the best out of the revs of the nf7-s. Not sure on teh regular nf7.. but I woudl spend the extra couple bucks to get the rev 2 of the nf7-s over the nf7. I know there were good boards out of the earlier revs.. but Ive seen way too many bad boards of the earlier revs of it. So i would tink the rev 2 woudl be the best possible O/Cer out of the revs.. since its certified to run on the 200 bus and it has the newer nf2 chipset in it.

Thanks for your reply, and that makes sense about the chipset as far as the NF7-S boards are concerned (mines a 400-ultra). Although I'm using the onboard sata, I'm simply trying to eliminate variables that might hamper an otherwise clean OC.

Back