• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ABIT KR7A board or cpu died ?

Brain411

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
29
My extra computer died ( abit KR7A Athlon 1900+) the other day just locked up and when I went to reboot I had no video ( all in wonder 7500 ) so checked all the connections video card, hardrives, fans, everything was working and still no video on boot but I get the high/low beep code if the CPU burnt up shouldn't the bios still post, or will that stop the video from working too ? or is it possible the motherboard went out, eventhough all the fans work and I get the green light on the motherboard when it trys to boot. also I have tried changing out he video card and removing cards and memory one by one till I have just the bare minimum and still no video and the high/low beep code about every 2nd or 3rd attempt to boot.
 
If the CPU is out, the bios won't post ? and nothing will be displayed though the video card ?
true or false ?
 
Back
Top