Abit IT7 Max 2 fsb issues. Any tips?

PnoT

Weaksauce
I know the board is old but it's one that i've had for a few years now and i've wanted to mod if for a while and play around with some settings on it. I currently have all the mods from Hipro5 (thanks bro) except for the chipset mod which i have to find.

I have my 1.8a OC to 2.7 @ 150fsb with 1.75v multi is 18x on this chip
mem 1:1 for now but i want it to do 3/4 to give me more memory bandwidth but it refuses to boot no matter the timings on the memory or the voltage, currently my bios max 2.8v. I was told by hipro5 to up my pci/agp dividers and that will help but i'm not sure how that works exactly regarding performance/stability. Tried that and still no go =/

Update:
I now have an OCZ PowerStream 520W and i've verified my corsair is indeed bh-5 after taking off the heat spredders. I'm still unable to get this board to run at 3:4 mem divider @ 150fsb regardless of what i do. I've also installed a fan on the chipset just for good measures. I'm really at a loss here. The ram is a 512 DC kit, would that be an issue? Should i only run single sided in this board or does it even matter. I'm baffled at how this thing won't even do STOCK mhz on the ram which i could easily achieve with the 3:4 divider @ 150fsb. The ram is already running at my max volts which is 2.8v. I can't see how the ram would need more volts to run slower than rated speeds. I'd kill for a tip or two to get this board to perform for me.

Few pics of what i'm up against.

cpuz.jpg

cpuz2.jpg

cpuz3.jpg

Back