• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ABIT IS7 -- excessive beeping at CPU loads

Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
11
I have an ABIt IS7 motherboard. I use the thermaltake SLK 948 with an enermax fan that keeps my computer at about 42C -> 57C from idle to peak.

At peak (100% CPU) my motherboard beeps a LOT. Like anywhere from 20 times to 5 times a minute. So letting a video encode overnight ... is very very very annoying.


Anyway, in the PC Health section I have the mobo give a warning at 65C and shut off at 70C. I disabled the warning for fan failure too (My fan has not failed, that is for sure).

It is not clear what is going on. I recently cleared my CMOS in a bad motherboard flashing accident. That incident is irrelivent, nevertheless, after clearning my CMOS and re-doing all the settings, I must have missed a critical one, perhaps.

----
Side note: Before my SLK-498 installation, i have a loud Spart 7+ that kept my CPU below 55C (at high dB's though). I never heard the motherboard beep. Is there some defaul "Always beep when above X degree celcius" option that can't be turned off somewhere...?

Thanks
 
I had a motherboard that liked beeping occasionally when things started to get hot, but that was on a cumine and keeping it cool wasn't a big issue.

If it's stable, have you considered simply disconnecting the speaker lead to the motherboard? I only hook them up till I know the thing is working right (so I can get error codes), and then disconnect 'em.

Erik
 
I dont know whether you got your idle/peak temps from the mobo or a probe, but Abits read the temps higher then they actually are so you could try raising the warning/shutdown temp a little.
 
Originally posted by Shadowman9876
I dont know whether you got your idle/peak temps from the mobo or a probe, but Abits read the temps higher then they actually are so you could try raising the warning/shutdown temp a little.
Motherboard Monitor 5. I don't know how the code for MBM5 is written, but I am willing to bet it simply reads what the BIOS says the temperature is.

I have heard that abits report incorrect temperature readings. I cannot confirm this fact, but since I have heard it from other sources I'll take your word for it. Do you know how far off from the correct temperature it is? Such as, if the CPU is really at 55C, will the BIOS report it at 60C?


Thanks
 
Back
Top