Abit IP35 Pro

Siphric_Acid

Weaksauce
Hey guys, I have an Abit IP35 pro motherboard that has 2 PCI Express x16 slots (1 x PCI-E X16, 1 x PCI-E X16 (x4 bandwidth) and what I've been wondering is can I SLI on this mobo? I'm guessing I can't since the 2nd slot is only x4. If I cant SLI is that a good slot for a new sound card? I also have been looking thru newegg and tigerdirect for a LGA 775 mobo that I would be able to SLI on but I haven't been able to find one, any ideas on one that would work? Built this computer almost 3 years ago and doing a few upgrades to keep it current (might do a i7 build before summer)

SLI is not supported on the P35 chipset. Only CrossFire.

And Since that 4x slot runs at PCIe 1.1 speeds it's the equivalent of a modern card running at 2x: just a little too slow.

rj2, was it difficult to install HyperSLI? Is there any recommended graphics (nvidia vs ati)?

My IP35 board has worked like a champ the past 4 years I've had it, only a few issues where I had to flash the CMOS because the computer wouldn't boot.

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only here rocking some ancient hardware. I've got a q6600 in my Ip35 pro (I did the heatsink mod to the mobo). I've been running the q6600 at 3.0 to 3.2ghz for the last 5 years. Started with an 8800gtx, when it failed (a year ago) I tossed in a 6850. FWIW, I'm about to upgrade to a z77 mobo/i3770k/SSD/670 4gb. I hope I notice an improvement. ;)

Haha! Almost identical builds. I had an 8800GT and that failed about a year ago too.

I'm planning the next build but trying to squeeze as much life out of this bad boy as I can!

(holly crap I didn't even think to check that this was over a year old!)

Haha! Almost identical builds. I had an 8800GT and that failed about a year ago too.

I'm planning the next build but trying to squeeze as much life out of this bad boy as I can!

(holly crap I didn't even think to check that this was over a year old!)

Literally a year old...to the day. My buddy is still rockin a q6600 with an ip35 as well.

Last of the greats from my favorite motherboard company. The thread on xtremeoverclockers (I think? Have it bookmarked at home, but can't remember the forum now...) is still alive today after almost half a decade. Even when I upgrade here at tax time, this system will live on elsewhere in my house. Just been too stable, to dependable for too long to let someone else have it.

i use my ip35 pro as a backup rig,with a q9550,4x2 gigs ram and a gtx 570.
rock solid after all these years

Still have this board...very impressive. I had the vdroop mod along with a q6600 @3.6 . It's now sitting in my closet at home though lol.

Literally a year old...to the day. My buddy is still rockin a q6600 with an ip35 as well.

me too, been thinking about a new system soon though, this has been the longest lived PC i have ever built, going on 5 years soon :)

see signature....................

Best mother board I think I ever owned. It is still rocking in my sons pc with a gtx480.

My IP35 pro is still my daily driver, going on 50K hours. Love the uguru, I don't know of any program for any new board which actually keeps track of the total hours, uptime etc.
This build also has the original GPU, XFX 8800gts. That's 50K hours on a overclocked card with a blower, still quiet.
I would have thought by now the bearing would be getting worn out and noisy but nope.

I have my old IP35 Pro at work, runs 24/7 with an q9450 OC to 3.6GHz. Great board.

Back