Abit IP35 Pro PSU problem

Scottig

Weaksauce
I heard of the Corsair series of PSU having problems with the IP35 Pro. I have a Ultra X3 600 watt. And im getting postcodes 8.3., 8.7. and it wont even post the bios? Anyone have a Ultra PSU and a IP35 pro working?

I have an Antec PS and I was going to get that mobo, but now I don't think so. I'd rather not bs around with buying another PS if this one doesn't work.

I heard of the Corsair series of PSU having problems with the IP35 Pro. I have a Ultra X3 600 watt. And im getting postcodes 8.3., 8.7. and it wont even post the bios? Anyone have a Ultra PSU and a IP35 pro working?
You have the 4-pin/8-pin ATX12V1 plugged in & an rpm sensing fan plugged into the CPUFan header?
How about a full hardware spec.?

The no. of Seasonic made PSUs (& I don't think that Ultra is a Seasonic oemed PSU) having a problem working with the IP35 is tiny compared to the no. working perfectly well - as of the other day Corsair had had fewer than 25 reports. Similar has also been seen on boards made by other companies than abit too.

I've got the ip35 pro abit + corsair psu and it's been a freaking nightmare for me. Today I'm calling around locally to find another motherboard to replace this piece of crap with.

I've got the IP35-pro and a Corsair 620HX. No problems with it at all.

Mine has the problem now; now that the winter temps have set in; no post on an ip35-e w/ corsair hx620?

Anyone find the root of the problem.

Blowing hot air on the psu w/ a hair dryer worked;

I know, it's crazy.

M

apparently the problem only exists with the corsair HX modular models.

I'm running a Corsair 550VX with the ip35-E with no problems

I'm in the process of talking to Corsair about this. Well see what happens.

You have the 4-pin/8-pin ATX12V1 plugged in & an rpm sensing fan plugged into the CPUFan header?
How about a full hardware spec.?

The no. of Seasonic made PSUs (& I don't think that Ultra is a Seasonic oemed PSU) having a problem working with the IP35 is tiny compared to the no. working perfectly well - as of the other day Corsair had had fewer than 25 reports. Similar has also been seen on boards made by other companies than abit too.

What would having the fan rpm sensor hooked up for the cpu have to do w/ this temp. related failure to post?

People running an Ultra 120 extreme put fans on without sensors hooked up to the motherboard; or does the 3-pin have the sensor; I guess it does.

There is no evidence or even suggestion in this thread that the OP's problem is temp. related.

On the other hand he does mention 8.7. which whilst the most often cause is due to not having the ATX12V1 connected has on occasion been seen due to not having an rpm sensing fan on the CPUFAN header or having the rpm sense/low rpm shutdown disabled on that header.

Unfortunately he's never been back to update.

There must be but the nos. involved are so small that I think that they are having trouble replicating it.
As of last week Corsair's Yellowbeard hadn't had an answer from Corsair's PSU guys.
There are certainly far more people with working systems with those components than having trouble - it could just be a case of normal failure rates or a mobo at the extremes of it's tolerance meeting a PSU at the extremes of it's & the 2 together not working.

I've got the IP35-pro and a Corsair 620HX. No problems with it at all.
Same Here. I did have a problem at first where it would boot but shutdown after about 5 seconds. I changed the power cord and now it fixed the problem.

It's the motherboard guys (that's my opinion anyway). A resistor or other components near the cpu get out of spec.; I've RMA'd mine.

Just to let everyone know, including redbeard and yellowbeard, my ip35-e RMA'd board boots now when cold; I tested it to 16C, about 60F, and it boots.

I have an HX620, so it looks like, at least in my case, it's a "seasonic" based problem.

My old board would'nt post under 20C.

The suspected problem transistor on the new board is W04 75.

Good luck to the rest of you folks.

Back