Abit AV8 Rev 2.0........When?

Vezra

Limp Gawd
I was planning on getting an Abit AV8 mobo but after seeing all the problems with it i'm afraid to get it now. I'm suprised at how all these review sites can't say enough about it but when other people get this board the problems are endless.

I have 3 options: 1) Get the Abit board now. 2) Wait for the Rev 2.0 of the AV8. Or 3) Wait for NF4. I'm more towards waiting for the Rev 2.0 of this board. I really don't want to wait for NF4 because i'm sure it will have problems just like this for months after its released.

Does anyone have an idea of when the Rev 2.0 of the Abit AV8 board will be out? I have read just about everywhere that the problem with todays AV8 board is just in the memory. It seems to not like Corsair Memory which is based on Samsung memory. People with Crucial memory on the other hand say the board runs great because Crucial uses Micron Memory.

What should I do guys? This s939 crap has been more of a pain then I have ever had trying to build a new system. I just don't know what the hell to do!

i just build a av8 board and the corsair memory has worked fine with the mobo. the only problem i've seen is the CPU temperature monitoring. but i'm about to just put an external monitoring sensor to know truely what it is.

HRslammR said:
i just build a av8 board and the corsair memory has worked fine with the mobo. the only problem i've seen is the CPU temperature monitoring. but i'm about to just put an external monitoring sensor to know truely what it is.

Hummm are you using the Corsair TwinX 3200 XL memory? If so what are your timings set at?

I'm concerned about the limited voltage options. I'm planning to go amd later this year. But my ram on my intel board is set at 2.75 volts because the timings were not as tight at 2.70 volts. And thats an asus intel board. But why is Asus giving less voltage options on the AMD board. So either I have to run my ram with crappier timmings unless the ram can handle 2.8v

The ram I have is my sig.

How many of you have NOT had any memory problems with your Abit AV8 mobo using the Corsair TwinX PC3200 XL ram? Or any Low Latency ram for that matter. It seems that alot of people are able to run their ram at the 2-2-2-5 1T setting as long as you set the Voltage to 2.8v, the Max possible. Is this true? Does your problems vanish once you use this Voltage setting?

Don't forget about the problems with cyclic rebooting with Antec power supplies. Read the Abit forums for more on this annoying issue. That's the one thing holding me back from picking up this board.

I'm able to run my RAM at SPD just fine. I am having the temperature reporting problem and I suspect that the AGP lock is not quite working right, even though I have a rev 1.1 board. I had occasional BSODs when attaching a second iPod via USB, attaching it via Firewire fixed that.

Even so I am very happy with this board, as these are the only problems I have had. I have a PC Power & Cooling power supply and have had no problems with the board being PSU picky.

Back