Abit AN7 poor overclocking

stnelson9

Limp Gawd

Thank you!!! I forgot which exact link got me my fix, but it seemed it had to do with the FSB/RAM divider. I was using 5/6 since that way I could get the RAM speed very high. It was PC3700 after all. One of the articles said to set the divider to 3/3. So far have it up to 195 with no problems!!! It got to be about 2am, had to go to sleep, shall pick up later today!!!

I have an AN7 and think it's a great board. I have an XP2500 running at 3200 speeds with a thermalright 900U heatsink. My cpu temp is 38C with the case closed and 34 with the case open at idle. I am also running a 512mb ddr kingston value ram at 400mhz and cl2. I can overclock the board some more but have not really tested much higher. I forgot to mention all voltages are stock.

ya know, theres a reason AMD doesn't sell all their processors at 400fsb. Some of them actually can't do it, even if the core can handle higher MHZ. It's not necessarily the board.

some of the an7s had a cut trace and hand sodered resister on them

Just a follow up, it is now running at a nice 210FSB, 2310Mhz!!! Just for kicks, I tried setting the divider back to 5/6, crashed and burned right away... My only issue right now is heat. At 2310, voltage is 1.75 and with my Volcano 9, it runs a little hot, about 62C in FAH... A new heatsink is now being researched!!!

Back