• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ABIT AB9 QuadGT

Np. Mind if I ask what your comp is now?

I am still planning the parts to build one. So if you have any good suggestions to go with with the quad gt like the CPU, GPU, PSU or anything else please suggest!:)

btw: the comp i am on now is a old crap dell.
 
Probably not a great mobo for an E6600 or faster Core 2 Duo.

Better for an E64xx or E63xx series chip from what I have read.

Andrew
 
Umm my recommendations to you.

Ram - Gskill http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=22090&vpn=F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK&manufacture=G.SKILL
$229 CAN


Motherbaord : Abit quad if your not going SLI. But would recommend
AsusP5B deluxe
Asus commando

Hard drive: Seagate 5yr warranty. you can get 300gig for $109CAN

GPU: 8800GTX of course. But if your not ina hurry, wait till prices drop when r600 releases- if not wanting to wait. 8800GTS is always a nice GPU as well.

PSU: 600watt or more would do you well. You can get a nice Ultra PSU for <$120CAN which is great
 
LMAO! "Suicide shot"... well put, indeed! :D

Seriously CDdude55, it really does recover with a surprising minimum of fuss. I've used the clear cmos switch on the back panel, like, one time. If you want style and flash, go with the Asus. If you want substance, then go with the Abit.
 
Just ordered quadgt yesterday based on the success of pepsi and others around here.

The extra dollar for the 6420 is also a great deal. They're oc'ing like crazy too.

Check out the crazy ram prices at mwave.
I grabbed the 2gb traces for $150 yesterday as well

For $525 this will be a screaming system.
 
Glad to hear it, Spooge. I'm loving this board. Before this I had an Asus Striker, and before that a DFI, and they both crapped out, poor quality control, and service was bad as well. So this QuadGT has restored my faith a bit that somebody out there can just make a damn board that works well. I think you'll like it, too.
 
Back
Top