AA on by default in 38xx series ?

Kuma

Limp Gawd
I recently received a HIS 3870 and decided to install it to do a comparo to my OC'd GTS (G92). I was actually expecting to be disappointed but was pleasantly surprised. Obviously the GTS is faster but i didn't notice the diff in game, running at 1920x1200 (cod4,HL, 2142). I did notice the IQ difference which leads me to this question. In order to recreate the 3870s IQ I had to force certain settings in NV Control panel including 4AA, 8AF and some others. Are these just standard on the 3870 ?

By the way I lost over 1k pts in 06 with my GTS doing this lol

I am seriously considering running two 3870s in crossfire now.
By the way I have owned, literally, every 8 series card lol

No its not standard, its not forced on it. I'm still confused why you bought the card in the first place though.

Actually I bought one back around xmas. It since died and I RMA'd it. Months later I finally got the replacement. Way to go HIS !
Obviously I replaced the card but I decided to test it out.I heard of the AA issue in the 3870s but did not see it. Now the 2900 can cut your eyes with jaggies LOL

The IQ is noticeable though which I found surprising. Again I had to force settings in the NV control panel to recreate it but the lighting was still not the same.

Back