AA DOES Work in VISTA (BIOSHOCK)

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
With all the threads and misinformation out there I thought I'd better make a new thread for those gamers like me very upset that AA doesn't work in BIOSHOCK. As found out by Blacklash in another thread:

I've got AA under Vista x64 playing the "Bioshock" demo if I run the DX-9 path and enable it via nHancer. There is still some shader aliasing about and AA is definitely not off.

QFT!! I'm very happy about this, it almost deserves a new thread, maybe I'll make one. AA DOES work if forced in nhancer under DX9 and VISTA.

Currently I"m using dx9, vista premium, and forcing CSAA or 4xaa in nhancer. It's important to run the game in DX9, however. I haven't been able to get it to work in dx10, but honestly I can't tell any difference. dx10 offers very little ATM. I would think AA works as has been said before, in XP as well using this method.

hmm, interestingly, under DX10 I can't get a screenshot with FRAPS. Isn't there a way to get an in game screenshot? I COULD get a screenie with dx9 and aa enabled, so here it is in the doorway of the room you first see a little sister in. I'm positive AA is enabled here, as I went back and forth dx10 to dx9 trying to get screenshots and looking around in this area. You can really see the jaggies on this door under dx10, so it's a good example. I just can't figure out how to get a capture under dx10.

Yes! It does work, and it is absolutely spectacular looking with AA. It is like a different game. Everything has this amazing depth--this might be the best looking game I have ever seen. It is a night and day difference.

hmm, interestingly, under DX10 I can't get a screenshot with FRAPS. Isn't there a way to get an in game screenshot? I COULD get a screenie with dx9 and aa enabled, so here it is in the doorway of the room you first see a little sister in. I'm positive AA is enabled here, as I went back and forth dx10 to dx9 trying to get screenshots and looking around in this area. You can really see the jaggies on this door under dx10, so it's a good example. I just can't figure out how to get a capture under dx10.

You sure you're running the latest version of FRAPS? (2.9.1 I think)

I had no problems capturing video or screenshots with FRAPS while running the Bioshock demo in Vista x64 w/ the DX10 rendering path.

Back