Hiya,
I know it's probably considered blasphemy, but I'm using the onboard RealTek sound hardware that comes with the Asus A8N32-SLI board.
It works fine in 5.1 mode... It 'auto detects' the speakers just fine. But, when I plug in my headphones (Logitech, stereo, with a mic - one black plug, one pink plug), something goes awry. It detects plugs in audio ports that aren't there (ex: right now it detects both the grey port (rear speakers) and orange port (center speakers) as having microphones in them... Which is just wrong.
Basically, I want to know if anyone knows any reason that it wouldn't properly detect my VERY simple headphone/mic combo. It outputs sound fine into the headset, but the mic either doesn't work or is working completely whacked.
I thought maybe I wired it wrong, but then I realized that the surround sound setup worked fine, so it couldn't be a mixed/missed wire. The computer detects the mic in the red (mic) port, but it somehow ALSO detects it in two other ports. I don't get it.
Also, just FYI, I'm plugging the mic and headphone directly into the rear ports. So, it's not like I fucked up the front-panel wiring either.
Any suggestions? Any more information required to help? Lemme know..
Thanks in advance,
Bryan
AMD 4400 X2
2 gb Corsair RAM
Asus A8N32-SLI
eVGA GeForce 7800 GT
250 SATAII HD
I know it's probably considered blasphemy, but I'm using the onboard RealTek sound hardware that comes with the Asus A8N32-SLI board.
It works fine in 5.1 mode... It 'auto detects' the speakers just fine. But, when I plug in my headphones (Logitech, stereo, with a mic - one black plug, one pink plug), something goes awry. It detects plugs in audio ports that aren't there (ex: right now it detects both the grey port (rear speakers) and orange port (center speakers) as having microphones in them... Which is just wrong.
Basically, I want to know if anyone knows any reason that it wouldn't properly detect my VERY simple headphone/mic combo. It outputs sound fine into the headset, but the mic either doesn't work or is working completely whacked.
I thought maybe I wired it wrong, but then I realized that the surround sound setup worked fine, so it couldn't be a mixed/missed wire. The computer detects the mic in the red (mic) port, but it somehow ALSO detects it in two other ports. I don't get it.
Also, just FYI, I'm plugging the mic and headphone directly into the rear ports. So, it's not like I fucked up the front-panel wiring either.
Any suggestions? Any more information required to help? Lemme know..
Thanks in advance,
Bryan
AMD 4400 X2
2 gb Corsair RAM
Asus A8N32-SLI
eVGA GeForce 7800 GT
250 SATAII HD