A8N-Premium in Dual-Channel Causing Random Freezes

coold8

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I have a A8N-Premium,

I noticed that whenever I put my computer into Dual-Channel mode, the comp would freeze. Soon I started reading up on creative form and thoughti t to be the X-FI that was cause my computer to randomally freeze. It works perfectly fine in Single-Channel mode, with the exception of X-FI Crackling. So I pulled the X-FI, enabled onboard sound, and put it into Dual-Channel mode. It still continuously locked up. I removed it from Single-Channel mode, and it ran stable with onboard audio.

I do have Cheap-O-Ramo, but I never believed that it would be an issue (not OC'ing).

Can anyone make any suggestions on how to stable out the machine in Dual-Channel mode? I have the most up to date drivers, firmware, windows updates, everything. Do you believe it is a problem with the board as a whole, or just my board? Thanks.

Well your CPU is at 2530 so you are overclocking and you have 4 sticks of RAM, I think, which means you should probably try 2T timing.

I can see you have read my signature.

When having this problems, I obviously brought my clocks down to stock, and all settings defaulted. It still froze up. I will try the 2T memory setting and see if it helps.

Back