A7N8X (non-DLX) Sound Issues

Edvard_Grieg

Limp Gawd
Howdy,

My GF tried to install the updated sound drivers for her Asus A7N8X (not Deluxe) through Windows Update. Of course, it screwed the sound up. I have removed the drivers it tried to install and have gone about trying to install the AC'97 drivers from Asus' website, however, after the reboot, the device manager shows that everything is good, except that when I click on the properties for the device it says that no driver is installed (but there is no '!' or 'x' to suggest a problem) So the sound drivers aren't working....also, all system notifications are going through the internal speakers which is becoming rather annoying for her. I turned off all the sounds through the control panel, yet they persist. Short of actually disconnecting the internal speaker, is there another way to actually disable the internal speaker so that it doesn't beep? (I don't remember seeing anything in the BIOS, but I could be mistaken).

Thanks!!

EDIT: Nevermind, downloaded updated drivers from Realtek's site and everything is working nicely now.

Back