A7N8X-E onboard audio vs Audigy LS

malingjc

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all. I know a lot of you love your A7N8X motherboards so I have a question.

I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe on order. Also, today at BB I got one of the Audigy LS's that were on sale. I got it for $51 (employee price) - $30 mail-in rebate for $21 basically which I deem one hell of a deal.

In your opinion, what would be better to use, the nForce2 onboard audio, which I've heard to be awesome or the Audigy LS?

Originally posted by kronchev
nforce2 kicks the crap out of sound-disaster

i second this motion, may it be moved on to pass with the floor...

but anyway, yeah the NF2 onboard is pretty swtass, i love it on my NF7-S...altho, give the Audigy a try see what u think and then you make the decision which one u wanna use ;)

nforce2

ive owned 4 sb cards, 2 onboards

sb64, really old school, wasnt a bad card
live 5.1, had its issues
audigy1, had its issues (i still got this in my other system)
audigy2, pretty much almost perfect for my needs, great card, using it now
nvidia soundstorm, probably the best onboard audio ive ever used in my life, matches the audigy2 and sometimes spanks it, but sometimes doesnt
via audio (realtek i think it is), sucked so much ass it wasnt even funny, pops and hisses all over, replaced with audigy2

so yeh, if youve got onboard audio and its soundstorm/nforce2, stick to that, its amazing, save your money.
if youre using an intel board, which pretty much has crappy audio, then use an audigy2.

It depends on your speakers. If you're using analog speakers - stick with the Audigy, the onboard Realtek Codec on nForce2 boards isn't stellar. If you're using the SPDIF out to connect to a receiver or digital speakers - then use the SoundStorm!! It rox0rz!!!

Well I have the Logitech Z-640 5.1 analog surround set. Right now I have a Giga GA-7VA with onboard VIA horse crap and when I use surround it uses like 50% of my CPU.

I am getting my Asus board sometime next week.

Originally posted by malingjc
Well I have the Logitech Z-640 5.1 analog surround set. Right now I have a Giga GA-7VA with onboard VIA horse crap and when I use surround it uses like 50% of my CPU.

I am getting my Asus board sometime next week.

Stick with the Audigy then... Although the onboard analog solution is pretty good, it won't be as good as the Audigy. If you ever upgrade to digital speakers, or connect to a home theatre receiver, then its a whole different story - that's where SoundStorm excels.

Back