A7N8X + 98se USB problems

thrashd

[H]ard|Gawd
I cant get any USB devices to work with my computer. I just bought a JumpDrive that works fine on the 98se/kt133, but I cant get it to work on this. I have installed the Nvidia unifyed driver but nothing.

Does it work in XP? Have you tried a Keyboard and mouse in legacy mode? The USB ports on that board should work fine in 98SE.

ugh..... i have to explain this to all the customers i have at work too..... windows 98 is 6 SIX years old, it doesent work properly on new hardware, ive pulled my hair out for a 5hr upgrade cus the customer didnt want to go with xp cus he heard it was "unreliable, and easy to crash"

today, i simply tell the customer that i refuse to upgrade their computer if they plan on sticking with 98.

go xp, or atleast 2000 and ALOT of your problems will go away.

btw, usb was still buggy as hell in 98
also, that board is usb 2.0. good luck geting it to work in 98

pssst... usb 2.0 support is under 2000/xp with NF2... try setting the bios to allow only 1.1 operation and try it..

past that, UPGRADE that POS OS!!! you'll be much happier on Xp over 98... ;)

god, shakes head, you sound like a typical customer i have to deal with every day, you realise you CAN turn the bubble look off right? and make it look identical to 98? the only difference is, xp would actually work..... i hate to think of the waste that hardware is going to on 98

out of curiousity, what size is your hard drive? how many partitions, and what is your cluster size? cus im willing to bet, hdd size is going to waste too with fat32

DUDE thats so wrong to hurt a good mobo and cpu with 98:eek: ...xp pro and linux fedora are my best friends:p

I hate to say it, but XP kicks much ass.. it has an uptime that's better than my linux box.. LOL.. never thought I'd say that about a MS product..

You just have to know how to customize it, and turn off the shit you don't need..

Back