a64 temp venice

hmm...

Weaksauce
Although my room is 30C, the temps for my cpu seem to be 50C idle? Is this normal? Seems high.

High, my room temp is around or under 20C and my idle is 38-42C. Give more specs and we should be able to fiure it out.

My load in Prime95 torture test will occasionally spike to 50C but thats really rare and it usually is around 45C.

A64 3700+ Clawhammer + Coolermaster Hyper6

EDIT, damn your room is hot 86F My balls would fall off at that temp.

depends on the cooling my friend ;)

(read: care to elaborate on what's in your rig? cpu, mobo and heatsink could be nice)

ninethreeeleven said:
High, my room temp is around or under 20C and my idle is 38-42C. Give more specs and we should be able to fiure it out.

My load in Prime95 torture test will occasionally spike to 50C but thats really rare and it usually is around 45C.

A64 3700+ Clawhammer + Coolermaster Hyper6

EDIT, damn your room is hot 86F My balls would fall off at that temp.

haha.

some typical stuff

A64 3000+ venice w/ stock cooling,slk3000, msi rs480-il xpress 200, crucial 1gb valueselect, 120gb samsung, floppy, nec 3520a and no graphics card.

oh, yes, i meant corsair. i am using stock for now. it this temp usual for a stock config?

a bit too high, yeah.. though i guess ambient isn't helping much. how much does it go down when you take the side of the case off?

seems to be the same.

btw. when i was setting it up, was wondering what the gray stuff at the bottom of the heatsink was :rolleyes: so i sorta took off about 2mm^2 of paste with my fingernail. oops. but then I put tranfered the fingernail part back to the missing area. i hope that did do much, because the entire surface is quite big

My temp is at 26C right now with stock heatsink, where as my case is at 35C which is weird. Yesterday it was at 44C but my fan was only spinning at 1500-1600rpm and today it is at about 3200rpm. My computer must be real strange. I have a 3200+ Venice.

hmm... said:
oops. but then I put tranfered the fingernail part back to the missing area. i hope that did do much, because the entire surface is quite big
well, what really matters is the middle, as that's where most of the heat is transferred ;)

as long as it doesn't blow, then i will be happy. maybe its is just this core. my p4 in the other room is about 35C when i turn it on with the same enviro conditions.

and yes, your sac does sag when it gets to be hot.

Back