• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A64 939 3000+ Venice OC question

WOW..... stock HSF and voltage gave u a 800mhz overclock? ...you can probably hit 3ghz with a little more voltage :) nice chip

I see you are at 290 HTT already.. hmmm make sure you can hit higher HTT too... I would hate to see a great overclocking chip get screwed by a lower multiplier and a board that won't hit very high FSB/HTT :(
 
What kind of motherboard do you have? I am currently in the process of overclocking my 3000+ Venice and so far I am at 2475 MHz and Prime has been running for a little while without errors. This is at 1.55V on a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra with stock heatsink.

BTW, my stepping is:
ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0519DPAW
Z649076E53070
 
My motherboard is the EPox 9nda3+ which is a nf3 board.

Its stock HSF and stock voltage @ 2.6 ghz. I got it at 2.7 ghz 300 x 9 @ stock vcore, but when i got into windows it wasn't stable.

I don't count my CPU as stable if it can prime95. To me stable is being able to run a high intensity game over a few hrs of play. So I play Juiced for a few hrs and all is well.

Update though I tried to do 2.8 ghz 311 x 9 @ 1.5 vcore. It booted into windows but was unstable again. I could probably do 1.55 or 1.6 and get 2.8 ghz np, but its not really worth it to me to get that extre few mhz so I'm happy with 2.6 ghz right now
 
Brando457 said:
My motherboard is the EPox 9nda3+ which is a nf3 board.

Its stock HSF and stock voltage @ 2.6 ghz. I got it at 2.7 ghz 300 x 9 @ stock vcore, but when i got into windows it wasn't stable.

I don't count my CPU as stable if it can prime95. To me stable is being able to run a high intensity game over a few hrs of play. So I play Juiced for a few hrs and all is well.

Update though I tried to do 2.8 ghz 311 x 9 @ 1.5 vcore. It booted into windows but was unstable again. I could probably do 1.55 or 1.6 and get 2.8 ghz np, but its not really worth it to me to get that extre few mhz so I'm happy with 2.6 ghz right now


See if you can just run it at:

Multi - 9
Mem Divider @ 133Mhz
HTT @ 300
HT @ 3
Vcore @ 1.5

My Venice run's @ 2700 with the PC3200 Geil Ram @ 200Mhz 2-3-3-6

Get a nice even and cool 2.7Ghz like I am and keeps the Ram at it's correct speed etc.

Mines totally stable and although I've clocked it to 2.9 (Unstable) and 2.8 (Stable) I found that I didn't really like my ram running too much over 200Mhz @ 1T.
 
I already know it can do 2.7 ghz @ 1.5 vcore and vdimm at 2.7 with htt at 3 multi at 9 and fsb at 300

I've had it like that for awhile. But TO ME the extra 100 mhz for the increased vcore isnt worth it really so I'm sticking with 2.61 for now
 
Make sure you update your bios and download the temp monitoring software from EPOX's website. I thought I was getting 105F under a load w/my winchester, till I updated the bios and tried epox's monitoring software, now I see it actually does 127F under a load, thats quite a difference.
 
Brando457 said:
I already know it can do 2.7 ghz @ 1.5 vcore and vdimm at 2.7 with htt at 3 multi at 9 and fsb at 300

I've had it like that for awhile. But TO ME the extra 100 mhz for the increased vcore isnt worth it really so I'm sticking with 2.61 for now

Suit yourself but I don't see what your issue is with 1.5v.

That's nothing compared to what the CPU can handle and perfectly safe for a CPU lifetimes use.

2.7 is better than 2.6 but I guess you have to do what's most comfortable for you.

My 3000 will do 2.8 fine at 1.55 but I don't like the fact that CPUz won't display accurate Ram speeds and HTT once my HTT was around 312 and the Memory over 200.

Core temp has never been an issue for me with my Zalman 7700Cu cooler @ 1200RPM

My MB has nice range of divider ratios though which does help - 200, 180, 166, 150, 133, 120, 100 etc.
 
Back
Top