A5's pop when I turn them off

M4573R

Gawd
I've had my A5's for about a year now and in the last couple weeks, they've been popping quite loudly when I turn them off. I emailed customer support and they sent me their generic "will probably solve it" 13 step email. I don't have another audio source right now to check if it's by sound card, but I thought I'd ask here to see if someone else has had the same problem or knows the solution. Is it bad for the speakers? It happens almost every time I turn them off. Usually they've been on for hours, but when tested one time I got them to pop every time I turned them off quickly like 10 times in a row. Thanks for any help. <3 speakers :(

Mine pop sometimes when they go to sleep (normal) but not when I flip the switch to "Off."

Does it happen if you don't have anything hooked up to it?

I just unplugged the source line, and turned them off and they popped. Should I wait a while or something? @imyourzero: It's a much louder pop.

the amp inside is about to die thats why its popping

might wanna check if there are blow caps or bulging caps inside

The pop is normally caused by some offset in voltage while the amp is turning off. A small amount is generally ok, but the fact that it is loud and has only recently started indicates that something may have happened in the amp. Would probably be a good idea to ask for a RMA.

I left them on for quite a while with no line-in, and they didn't pop when turned off. Probably just because the amp was doing anything. Guess I'll rma :( :( :( :(

Mine don't make any noises when I flip the switch. It doesn't sound like a major issue but if Audioengine is willing to replace them, I'd go for it.

Back