a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 104402

a

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try reactivating online? If that fails (or failed), did you try calling Microsoft and tell them about your situation? More than likely they'll go ahead and reactivate your copy of Vista if all you did was replace the sound card.

I've had this happen to me on occasion with XP, whether it be a driver update or a hard drive upgrade and online reactivation went without a hitch.

Call MS and activate over the phone. Triggering activation is annoying, but easily remedied with a phone call.

Like any other automated system, the automatic activation checks are a quite 'dumb' procedure. As others have suggested, follow the telephone activation through until you get to talk to a call centre staff member in person.

In your circumstance the checking procedures have become bogged down because they cannot determine that the CD key is "already in use" on your own bloody machine!

yep, gotta call the service #, you will have to enter a series of long numbers, then a guy will ask you why you need it, tell them there was a hardware change in your computer, and they will give you another series of numbers to enter into the computer

One of my Vista Ultimate 64 boxes was off for several months this summer. When I finally turned it back on, I got the "you have 3 days to activate" routine...I used the automated system and it said it failed.....it's been operating for over 2 months on the 'failed' activation.

Back