a

  • Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 104402

Guest
a
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Audacity can do such a thing easily, but you'll need to extract the CD audio from the CD first, and EAC is excellent (if not the best possible app) for such purposes. Once you have the .wav file on the hard drive, load it into Audacity and find the "blank line" sections which indicate zero signal aka the silence. Draw a selection that contains the silence and delete it, both parts, then save the file as a new filename so you have the original just in case. Before saving it wouldn't hurt to actually play/listen to the editing you've done.

Audacity can also save audio as mp3 if you use the LAME mp3 encoder plugin. All the info you need for Audacity is at the website:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net

Good luck...
 
Foobar has a DSP for "Skip Silence". Works great.

I hate it when a track has a "hidden track" stamped on the end of the file after 5 minutes of silence. The plug-in has enough of a leeway built into it so that it wont skip the intentional silence in a song, say like the beginning of Metallica's 'Sad But True".

off topic, I recently started using foobar and I have to say I'm in love. I love how you can customize the hell out of it, not to mention ALL of my media is now properly tagged and named.
 
Back
Top