• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

A weird question

Copycats

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
55
I was tripping balls so I forgot the PSU was on. So I turn it off (thiniking I was turning it on) then I pressed the "on" button of the computer right away... i heard the fans start spinning for like 3 seconds then stopped (not surprising because I actually turned the PSU off). I'm just wondering if this would harm the computer in any way?

Thanks!
 
It should be fine. Keyword being should. Wait until you are sober, and then try to turn it on again...
 
and this is why we are careful (or better yet don't) about taking power supplies apart.

the capacitors hold charge for awhile when turned off. the fans spun up as they discharged.

won't hurt anything.
 
Any post that starts with "I was tripping balls so I forgot..." is bound to be good.
 
Back
Top