A Way to Batch Download in Firefox?

Dohclude

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to download a free online game that is broken up into 65 different rar files. My internet connection isn't the fastest around (Sprint Mobile Broadband) so I can really only download one at a time in firefox. The problem is that I have to sit and wait about 5-10 minutes for each download to finish and then start the next one each time. I'm looking for a addon or something that will allow me to click each download link and add it to a queue list that will download each file one at a time and then proceed to the next download in the list. I've searched around and haven't really found anything like this, and I already have the "Download StatusBar" and "DownThemAll" addons for firefox, but I haven't seen any options for anything like this in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, with my internet connection I seem to be running into this problem alot.

a free online game that is broken up into 65 different rar files... mmkay sure ;)

you´ll better off with a download manager, like Gozilla or Getright

Yes, it's not warez I promise. It's a game called Aion by NCsoft and it's not out in the USA yet so I'm downloading it from a Chinese site. It's not the only game that does this either. A while back I downloaded Ragnarok online for free and it had an incremental file download that was broken up into like 20 different downloads LINK. Why everyone doesn't just use a bittorrent tracker is beyond me, lol.

Addons:

Download Helper or DownThemAll can do such batch downloads easily. For either program, tell it to download the links based on the extension of the file(s).

thanks, I played around with DownThemAll a bit more and finally figured it out. I have never really used it much so the options were still a little foreign to me.

DownThemAll can do what you want. Set the download limit to one file at a time, then just add them all to the cue. It will finish the first and go on to the next. In fact, if you right click on the page away from the files you want to download (assuming direct links), tell it where to put them and use the "archive" checkbox to select every archive on the page, you don't even have to click on all of them yourself.

You know, there is a extension literally just called BatchDownload. It can take in a list of address and or create its own incremental list. All you had to do was use search.

You know, there is a extension literally just called BatchDownload. It can take in a list of address and or create its own incremental list. All you had to do was use search.

well, if you had read a few posts above yours I stated that I figured it out already. If you are trying to reduce clutter on the forums by preaching the search function, maybe you should have read that post and just not replied.

Back