A very loud electrical snap

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,576
Hi,
I had a very loud electrical snap noise come from my computer yesterday. It has two other times before over the past 6 months or more. I see nothing burnt or even a burnt smell, but it still concerns me. Besides my computer dying what could this be? And how would you determine what it is?

Thank you for any help.
 
Are you sure it's not your monitor? And does it do it after you do any kind of action? I find my LCDs will sometimes snap every now and then, usually after I turned them off. Actually, I don't even know if that's normal, but think it is, kinda the "TING" sounds you hear from a car after it's been parked and stopped. Metal contracting.
 
Every time it has happen the computer and monitor have been on for a at lease a hour of more. No actions are being done. Well maybe watching a movie and or playing Solitaire.



Are you sure it's not your monitor? And does it do it after you do any kind of action? I find my LCDs will sometimes snap every now and then, usually after I turned them off. Actually, I don't even know if that's normal, but think it is, kinda the "TING" sounds you hear from a car after it's been parked and stopped. Metal contracting.
 
Back
Top