A triple channel Motherboard that compatible with the i7-2600k

HAF932

n00b
I need suggestion for the best motherboard that's compatible with i7-2600k. If so also triple channel!

Sandy Bridge is dual-channel only... That being said, what makes you think you need a triple channel memory system?

I think you need to go back and do some research.. that or this is a troll post.

Question would anyone recommand the Intel DX58SO, i know it's not compatible with the i7-2600k!

This is what I'm here for tell me something i dont know! Speak your mind!

I think the first order of business in this thread is going to have to be to making you realize that unless you do very specific tasks involving memory bandwidth, you will never "need" triple channel memory.

So what the point of triple channel, the intel review i watch about the Intel DX58SO triple channel say it increase the speed!

When Intel released the 1st generation Intel® Core™ processors one of the changes that were made in those processors was to move the memory controller onto the processor. Some of those processors (the Intel Core i7-9XX) would support memory in a triple channel configuration. All the other processors within the 1st generation Intel Core family would only support memory in a dual channel configuration. With the release of the 2nd generation Intel Core processors (which includes the Intel Core i7-2600K) we choice to continue to use only a dual channel memory configuration on these processors. Even without triple channel memory support the Intel Core i7-2600K is still outperforming all the 1st generation Intel Core processers except the Intel Core i7-980 and i7-990X Extreme Editions in very high end multi-threaded applications like video and audio editing. So while triple channel memory can give some advantage to processors it is not the most important part of the processors most of the time.

They_see_me_trollin_They_hatin_RE_The_Art_of_Trolling-s407x405-128685-580.jpg

Sometimes it's difficult telling a complete noob to a troll, but I think this leans towards trolling :p

Usually there is a point to trolling... Trying to a rise out of someone or some group. This one just seem to be falling on its face. lol...

Uhm... it said it didn't post and I had to wait 18 more seconds, so I waited and now it's a double post. My bad.

You don't need three channels for memory. You can keep a 2600k (discrete video) fed just fine with a SINGLE memory channel:

http://www.behardware.com/articles/814-3/ddr3-impact-of-channels-timings.html

As you can see, there is a massive BANDWIDTH difference in synthetic benchmarks, but in reality (7-zip compression, video encoding, GTA 4 gaming) the performance difference is (at best) %10. You only need the second memory channel if you want to use the integrated graphics. A third memory channel would be a complete waste.

Intel markets the X58 chipset to people who think MORE IS BETTER. It won't actually do anything to improve performance for your average gamer, so Intel has to justify the price premium by concentrating on the insanely high numbers. Don't fall for that: look to real benchmarks by independent review sites like this one to help make one thing clear: the 2600k is the fastest 4-core chip on the market, it often can beat six-core chips, and it does not need three memory channels to perform this amazing trick.

If you already have a set of three memory sticks you want to reuse, you can do that with little to no penalty. Modern Intel memory controllers will work in mixed dual-channel mode with three matched sticks.

Last edited:
Back