• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A text question on the 2405

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 29, 2000
Messages
11,052
Guys,

Ever see when you surf that as you look across the screen, some of the text is not as dark as others?

Like as you read a sentence some of the letters are lighter?

Part of the experience? Or an issue?
 
jordan12 said:
Guys,

Ever see when you surf that as you look across the screen, some of the text is not as dark as others?

Like as you read a sentence some of the letters are lighter?

Part of the experience? Or an issue?


Issue
 
Definite Issue. It isn't like that on my own.

I did install ClearType though, dunno if that would make a difference.
 
I don't see any of that. I installed ClearType from Microsoft's site as well. When viewing this forum, I can see the blacks shift in darkness when I view the monitor from different angles, but the text stays the same relative to the background. I also just figured out that there is more light reflectinf off the white paper on my desk when I am at a different angle, and I can cut down on the lighter blacks by moving my hand over the paper. There is some reflection of the light-color wall behind me when viewing this site's black background straight on. Never noticed that 'til now.
 
My 2005FPW would get a bit flaky with the text in the middle. I used a display config app, and kept hitting auto-adjust untill it seemed to be balanced out. If your on DVI this doesnt apply though.. I think
 
I'll bet 5 cents that he has it hooked up to VGA and it needs to be "auto corrected" or whatever Dell calls it. When I had my 2005fpw hooked up to VGA it would sometimes need to be "auto corrected" and after 1 or 2 presses of the button it would be gone.
 
Back
Top