A suggestion needed for a new computer

Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
4
So here goes:
2 days ago I had my own comp until my parents decided to get it out of my room and move it to the living room so everyone will be able to use it... Now I want to buy a new one so no one will be able to touch it, but here is the problem - MONEY (Sounds farmiler ? )

For now I have 250$ for budget, I have been looking around in the internet and all the computers I've seen are around... 350$-500$ without screen

So I need a new computer... not something big I don't think I need ( not like I can afford ) a Pentium or something expensive ( I dont care for AMD either as long it will be fast and affordable ) I just need something that will satisfy my basic needs like: Gaming, Documents writing and Internet connecting.

So If you guys will be able to help me I'll be very grateful.

Thankfully,

Your-AsSaSsiN :)
 
Gaming on a 250$ budget isn't really possible....... Try maybe a sempron 2200+ paired with a mobo for like 100$, then buy some really cheap value ram, then a 40 gb hdd, and some ugly 10$ case. The most money you will have left is probably like, 40-50$, and you can buy an fx5200 with that i spose.
 
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4304825

AMD Sempron 2500+ Boxed Processor with Motherboard
Motherboard & CPU Combo:
Outpost #: 4304825
79.99

* Processor: AMD Sempron 2500+ Retail Boxed CPU
* Includes Fan and 3 Year Warranty
* Chipset: VIA KT600
* Processor Support: Up to Athlon XP 3200+ or higher
* Memory Support: Up to 3GB PC2700 DDR or 2GB PC3200
* Expansion Slot: 1x AGP 4X, 4x PCI, 1x CNR
* Other Features: 6 Channnel Audio, USB 2.0, SATA, 10/100LAN

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=674963&Sku=P450-8602
XFX 5200
Its a lower agp 8x card, so it should work. 29.99

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-145-049&depa=1
Hitachi / 80GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATAe
59

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-164-001&depa=1
Some pos case, 23$


http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-161-613&depa=1
WINTEC AMPO 184-pin 512MB DDR PC-2700, Model 35144588-P
60.00


=$252.92


Wow, i didn't think it was possible :p

Edit: You need a monitor? No chance of getting one on your budget. If you do need a monitor try one of those salvation army stores or w/e and see if you can pick up one for like 20$
 
Back
Top