a simple way to record my voice in windows?

the lone gunman

Limp Gawd
ok as the title says i want to record my voice in windows vista. i have a mic rigged up right now and was wondering if windows vista has the features to just simply record what im saying and then i can click stop start ect...

i have looked high and low and cant find out how to do this, a google just brings up lots of crappy progs to down to do this but im SURE windows can do this for free ... right?

TY:confused:

Vista has it's own tool for this. Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Sound Recorder.

I haven't had a chance to try vista yet, so I can't say for certain, but it should have sound recorder. It's been with windows since the early days. It will allow you to create a WAV file and you can control the input.

In XP, it's under start > programs > accessories > entertainment > sound recorder.

The executable name is sndrec32.exe. If you can't find it in your start menu, try running it from the run prompt.

Yep, sound recorder under Vista. Hit the windows key, type recorder, it will be the first listing.

Back