A Silverstone FT03-Mini Fully Watercooled r9 295x2 mod

cennis

Limp Gawd
This is my second water-cooled build with the focus of top-tier performance/cooling in a compact case. This machine is used mainly for benching, schoolwork and gaming. The highlight of the build is the water cooling loop. The emphasis is placed on using fittings and adapters instead of tubing to connect in tight spaces while maintaining nice lines. Total tubing used was probably less than 10 inches. Total fittings used was around 40. Had a great experience modding this.

CPU: 4.7ghz i7-4770k
GPU: R9 295x2
RAM: Trident X 2x4GB
MOBO: ASUS Maximus Impact VI

Watercooling:
Aquacomputer 295x2 nickel plexi block with active backplate
Maximus VI impact full cover nickel plexi polished
EK, Enzotech, Bitspower, swiftech bits

If you guys liked this build, head over to Mod of the Month on OCN to show some support by voting;)!

k4KqvH9.jpg

More pics

Sm4JnHz.jpg

3BoWlup.jpg

0jc5otw.jpg

Kh82m6Y.jpg

YmLuM5h.jpg

kzdLM91.jpg

QzymGL6.jpg

9rqulpv.jpg

FviOk3v.png

Last edited:
Very cool build, I really like how you solved the "tubing". What's the final volume?

Looks nice, but where did you hide the power supply? ;)

it is in the area where the case feet and stock 140mm used to be. if you look closely at the last shot you can see part of it at the bottom.

I moved from a sg05 to this because of these side panels that let me use the space above and below the body itself.

I admire the ingenuity of mounting the rads outside the case, but once people go down this route I always wonder why not just go for a bigger case in the first place?

For me the challenge of an SFF build is fitting it all into a tiny space, if you start bolting things to the outside then that's just cheating :p

I admire the ingenuity of mounting the rads outside the case, but once people go down this route I always wonder why not just go for a bigger case in the first place?

For me the challenge of an SFF build is fitting it all into a tiny space, if you start bolting things to the outside then that's just cheating :p

It's not cheating as long as you count it towards the total volume. And 24L sound realistic to me. Not SFF by Intels standards, but still a lot smaller than most cases out there.

I modded the ft03 mini because of its small footprint compared to traditional cases, and its dimensions fit almost flush to the dual 180mm radiator ;)

Im all for it if I could find a 24L case that can fit the same radiator configuration (or equally robust). I think the total rad area is more than 6x120mm rads

It's not cheating as long as you count it towards the total volume. And 24L sound realistic to me. Not SFF by Intels standards, but still a lot smaller than most cases out there.

yea i measured it, its 188.9mm(W)x 410~mm(H)x300mm approx(D)=24L

where as the stock ft03 mini is 188.9mm(W)x 397mm(H)x235.1mm(D), 17.6 liters

Back