A signal Booster?

air2k5

[H]ard|Gawd
Since I could no longer pay for broadband myself me and a neighbor have made a deal, I can pay him $10 a month and use his internet. He lives 1 Floor above and to the left of me. he has Belkin54g router. On a pc in my living room I get very good signal strengh at 48-54mbps. in my room its hell, low- very low 54-1mbps, and my room is alot closer then to him then living room. Both pc's have same wireless card (motorola 54b/g) I tried swaping them, updated drivers and same thing, is there some sort of software that is better then firmware that can possibly boost my signal?

belkin routers have the shittiest radios ive experienced.

your best bet is that netgear rangemax thing or a boosted WRT54G

Well everywhere in my apt besides my room signal strenght is good or verygood. Could it be becasue ofa bigass heater next to my wall?

could be anything. walls soak up RF. metal soaks up RF even better. brick walls are horrible. neighbors with 2.4 ghz phones and microwaves running. solar flares ;)

omega-x said:
could be anything. walls soak up RF. metal soaks up RF even better. brick walls are horrible. neighbors with 2.4 ghz phones and microwaves running. solar flares ;)
LOL. the heater is the only thing I can thinnk of, its huge and all metal :eek: . I move my pcout of my room 48mbps stable at good or very good signal, put it in my room its about 24mbps on low, as son as I start Guild Wars down to 5.5mbps. :( :(

Back